Chewing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Meghan910

Reaction score
Hey everyone!

I don't know if it's the weather or just a case of the terrible two's,but Manhattan is devouring his litter boxes. He's chewing the sideslike a crazy little bunny and all the bitter sprays in the world won'tstop him. I'm open for any and all suggestions. Thanks!

Meghan

If you check around online, you should be ableto find a metal litter box. I know some people have used these in caseswhere the bunnies is chewing too much of the plastic.

I cant remember who has one of those..maybe someone else will know.

Wiley goes through "chew spurts" too sometimes. He is such a goofball:inlove::tongutwo:

Chew sprays don't work on him either, it doesn't matter what. I havetried to use vinigar to keep him from chewing the base boards in myapartment but I swear he things I put it there for him to snack on.

When he does this usually I am working on a term paper for school orsomething like that, so I chalked it up to his majesties being brat.Maybe he thinks that you should spend every second of the day with himand IS being a brat. LOL

I find that if he has a million things to chew he won't touch anythingelse. Apple branches are Wileys favourite. Have you tried somethinglike that?

As for the litter box, maybe put some hay in there to distract him from chewing on the sides.

Meghan910 :hello

Bass Equipmet has metal nesting Boxes that couldbe used as a Litter Box. There $9.50 - $18.00 Plus S/Hdepending on the size of yourBunny!MetalBox

Hope this Helps.:goodluck

MikeE.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

That metal box sounds like a plan. The onlyother thing I could think of was those cage liners and put a heavydouble sided tape on them around the middle and stick it to thecoroplast in the cage. Haha, that would be fun, but I'd only try itwhen I was home watching him. Thanks everyone!

Stephany

I'm not really sure,I wouldn't think they would continue trying to chew on Metal.:shock2:

I just made the suggestion and haven't used the myself.:dunno:

Mike E.

"Tell Me,I'll Forget"
"Show Me,I'll Remember"
"Involve Me,I'll Understand"

Latest posts

Back