chewing the carpet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scubagirl68

Reaction score
My rabbit has only recently started chewing andtugging at the carpet. I'm not sure if it is because it smells likefood. How does one prevent a rabbit from doing this?

My buns do the same thing now andthen. From what I've read it's because they have hitpuberty. Is your rabbit fixed? If not then havinghim/her fixed is usually the solution for this and many otherbehavioral problems.

Hello, I have read that rabbits chew on unevensurfaces. If you are concerned about the rabbit smelling food on thecarpet you could wash it with vinegar and water -that is what I haveused in the past to eliminate pet odors as well.
Quick fix: squirt bottle. My rabbit had never been oncarpet until a month ago and so she was pulling away and there was nostopping her. I said no, clapped my hands and finally squirt and aftera few times she decided her toys were more fun.
Last but not least LOTS OF TOYS. bunnylover78642, I think, had a wholelist of them. (as long as it was not lost) . Empty toilet rolls stuffedwith hay. Some pellets hidden in cardboard boxes. They also selltimothy cubes if you object to the alfalfa ones. My rabbit loves balls.

Latest posts

Back