Chewing on xpen

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunnylova4eva

Reaction score
Ripley has a big xpen but when it comes to overnight, he is loud. Any ideas? Ripley likes to wake up in the middle of the night and make a racket chewing on the bars. First off, it is really annoying for us, who are actually trying to sleep. Secondly, I don't think it's good for his mouth to keep doing that. I try to give him half of his pellets right before bed, but with Ripley, those don't last long. I also give him a bunch of hay at the same time, hoping it will keep him occupied and quiet, but I don't know what else to do. Sometimes, like right now, I am so exhausted from his keeping me awake :faint:so I know I need to find something to do.

Do you just give him his pellets in a bowl? Perhaps try hiding them around the place or putting them in a treat ball so it takes him longer to actually eat them all because he has to work for them.

I would try putting some toys in with him. Although remember that some things put in with him could potentially make as much noise as him chewing the cage. Instead of putting all of his hay in a hay rack, place some in TP tubes.

You could try zip tying some cardboard to the inside of his pen so he will chew that instead.

Latest posts

Back