Chewing baseboards

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hunnybunny254367819364

Reaction score
Hi I’m new here but just wondering if anyone has any suggestions. I’ve had my first rabbit for over 3 years and I’ve never had an issue with him chewing or scratching anything. About 2 months ago I adopted the sweetest rabbit but she is constantly chewing and scratching, which I know is natural behavior. I’ve bunny-proofed their room as much as I could but the one thing I cannot seem to protect is our wooden baseboards. The baseboard issue is the only thing preventing them from being free-roam rabbits. I’ve tried bad tasting sprays and she can reach through wire gates and still chew the baseboards. She also can jump over the wire gates and they’re 3 feet tall. She has plenty of tubes, toys, boxes and hay to chew on but still goes after the baseboards. She was also spayed a week after I brought her home. Any help or tips would be much appreciated as I would love to make them free roam rabbits and they get along great together!

Congrats on the new baby! You could try plexi glass. Just cut it a little taller than the baseboard and screw it to the wall. This also means you won't have to clean it lol.

good ideas but I live in an apartment. He is so sneaky and does it when we are not looking. We are going to have a lot of repairs. I've tried cardboard, but he figured how to get over it or around it. I need something not permanent and doesn't look bad because of our landlords do quarterly inspections. He's torn up several areas in seconds.

You could try covering it with this. I would just cover the baseboard with it by attaching with sticky tack or painters tape. This will not only taste bad but it won't look tempting anymore.

Attachments

• Capture+_2019-10-19-08-16-31.png
    Capture+_2019-10-19-08-16-31.png
    114.3 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back