Chewing and Toys

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rachaeeelanneee

Reaction score
My bun Moo won't chew on anything. So he doesn't wear his teeth down. And he doesn't like to eat hay either. I've tried multiple kinds of hay, willow balls, chew sticks, the hanging wood block thing that's normally in the bird section, Timothy hay mat, cardboard, wicker basket, and even just a wood block. He won't chew on anything.

Ideas? Suggestions? Pictures of what your bun loves to chew on/play with? Thanks!

I really wish i knew, as that doesnt sound very good at all. Maybe ask the people you got it from what they fed it?? That's my suggestion or call a vet that specializes in rabbits.

My bun Toby sounds a lot like yours! He's picky about hay too. I'm lucky if he eats just a little. I found that he likes alfalfa better than timothy, not sure if it's because of the taste, or it's crunchier!

Toby doesn't do a lot of chewing either. Then, we cut down our bradford pear tree, and just out of curiosity, I gave him a piece of the root, and he actually chewed some of it. He hasn't done anything with it lately, but he has access to it as well as chewing blocks.

I try to let Toby outside as much as possible, and he likes to chew on things when he is out, as well as dig and use his teeth then. I don't have a run, but I put him on a collar and leash and he does just fine once it's on.

Who knows what's up with our crazy buns! I thought it was just mine ;) Well, I hope this helped!
:bunny22:

My bunny Pepper was like that when I first got her. I gave her fresh willow tree and apple tree branches and she liked those. After a couple of months she started to eat hay.

You could try rubbing his favorite treat on it. Maybe a little bit of peanut butter. :) or he just doesn't like Chew toys

I would recommend mixing alfalfa with some Timothy that is what I did and now my rabbits love Timothy hay. Don't worry about the toys, chew toys don't really grind down the buns teeth. The way rabbits grind down their teeth is when they chew the top and bottom teeth grind down each other so I he doesn't want the toys don't worry he will play with them when he wants. Just make sure he has a doughy belly and eats lot of hay. Hope this helps:)

I would recommend mixing alfalfa with some Timothy that is what I did and now my rabbits love Timothy hay. Don't worry about the toys, chew toys don't really grind down the buns teeth. The way rabbits grind down their teeth is when they chew the top and bottom teeth grind down each other so I he doesn't want the toys don't worry he will play with them when he wants. Just make sure he has a doughy belly and eats lot of hay. Hope this helps:)

I had him started on alfalfa because he was only 8 weeks old, and then I mixed timothy with alfalfa, and now he's on plain Timothy. He ate it like that for a while but then he stopped. So I tried mixing again and he just picked out the alfalfa!

Try putting some alfalfa dust in with Timothy that way hopefully he can't pick it out as easily. My buns love the dust that is at the bottom of the bag and they try to eat anything it touches.

Latest posts

Back