Chewing and Eating on Carpet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KosmicKole

Reaction score
My rabbit has been eating at my carpet. I have really big holes and i live in apartments so this is a problem because if they notice, he’ll have to go. There’s one super big hole and lots of tiny ones around. How do i get him to stop? I’ve tried spraying him with water, lightly popping him, putting him back in the cage when he does but he doesn’t learn

Mine have never learned not to do this... I covered my carpet with a 10x10 outdoor area rug they can't get their teeth into and covered anything uncovered with fame wood tiles...good luck!

hi, we have had our rabbit for about a month and a half now and he's 3 months old. He has a playpen and we let him roam free in our kitchen/living room area (there's no carpet currently). We recently painted the rooms, including the baseboards but he seems to keep chewing it up. He ruined it to the point we have to patch and paint it again. Is he trying to tell us something? he's well fed on rabbit food, lettuce and hay.

I would post this on a new thread so more people can help you.

Anyway, I think that you should bunny proof. Since he is chewing the baseboards you need to cover them with untreated 1"x1" pine boards (you can get them from lowes, or home depot for a couple of dollars) because they are safe for him to eat, and they are easy to replace. Also, offer him lots of toys! It will distract him from the baseboards.

I would post this on a new thread so more people can help you.

Anyway, I think that you should bunny proof. Since he is chewing the baseboards you need to cover them with untreated 1"x1" pine boards (you can get them from lowes, or home depot for a couple of dollars) because they are safe for him to eat, and they are easy to replace. Also, offer him lots of toys! It will distract him from the baseboards.

Thank you Mariam. I will post it as a new thread but appreciate the insight. We bought him tons of toys but he gets bored of them easily.

I'll take a look at those pine boards.

Latest posts

Back