Cheryl's Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh. My. Goodness.I teared up a little just reading your post. I am so sorry :cry1:

Oh Cheryl, I am so, so sorry. After all you've been through with them, to lose them all together - that's so heartbreaking.

I signed an online petition about getting vaccines accepted in Australia, but I guess nothing happened. I know in the UK they are now giving a joint vaccination for both Myxi and VHD. It is so frustrating that they won't allow it over there where you are.

How is little Cassidy getting on?

Sending hugs your way

Jan

Thanks everyone,

I'm going to cry as i write this again...this has affected me so much.....i had to take five bunnies at once to be put to sleep...they went to the vet together..and died together....oh boy this is hard so...so hard....i still see their little faces looking at me for the last time :(..i kissed them all and watched as the vet took them away....i sat there and cried and cried:(:

My beautiful little princess Chocolate Bunny was the last to leave me..i thought she was going to be ok...i got my hopes up...but she soon started showing symptoms.
I loved all my bunnies so much...but you know how every bunny holds that special place in your heart but there is always that one bunny who squeezes in just that little bit more..and that girl was my baby girl..Chocolate Bunny.
After they all left me...i felt empty..my home felt empty..i had bunnies around me for over eight years....they had been my saviours so many times...they brightened up my life...my home...they brought so much to my life..they will never know how innocently they have touched my life.

I looked at Cassidy and said it's just me and you now boy...i hugged him so tight..i just never want to let go.
Cassidy is doing well thank goodness...he ended up in the emergency vet a few months ago as his eye swelled up for some reason...the vet gave me some ointment to put on his eye and it seems much better now.

Goodness.. Cassidy has been blind for about five years now...wow time flies....he's just over seven and half years old and doing great..

Thanks again everyone

Oh my God! I had to take my little 13 1/2 Mini Rex to the vet last month for the final trip and could barely handle that. I can't imagine what you are going thru, words utterly fail all of us at times like this. We are so sorry for your loss. Blessed Be.

Jan..it's good to hear from you..

Myxamotosis is just shocking...that is no way for a bunny to die....those poor wild bunnies that have to suffer till the end.
I just keep asking why..why did this happen now...after all these years of having bunnies in my life...and just like that my bunnies are gone.

I've signed petitions before..the government really don't care...it is unfair....us bunny owners here just want to do the right thing for our furbabies..it's sad..

Thankyou Larry...
I have anxiety and stress issues...so you can just imagine how distraught i was....it was such a heart breaking time...my poor bunnies..

Thanks Ali..

It still shocks me that i lost my bunnies just through a bite of a mozzie that was infected with myxi....just like that they're gone...and i couldn't stop it from happening..

I have such a knot in my stomach from reading your post...

Cheryl, I am so sorry you had to go through such a horrible day with your babies. I hope you had someone with you for support and to drive you home. How numb you must have felt... I couldn't even begin to imagine how much you hurt.

Prayers to you and to Cassidy. :pray:

Prayers to all of your beautiful Bridge Bunnies. :pray:

Thanks Janet,

i'm just so thankful that Cassidy is still here with me....for him not to get myxi was just one in a hundred...as my vet said it was probably due to him being seperate from the others at the time.

It was hard..i cry a lot when i'm stressed....my bunnies were my world....i knew that one day they would leave me.....but not through something like myxamotosis.....no matter how hard i tried to protect them...they were inside bunnies....they were part of my family for eight years..they were around me..i come home i see my bunnies...this is what hurts...they all went around the same time.....it was a little hard to get over....wake up and it's like it's quiet..there's no noise in the house....no chewing on boxes....nothing.....just like that....silence :(......that hurts alot..

Oh god Cheryl, I can't even imagine what you have gone through. I just can't understand why the government won't let you have myxi vaccines for pet rabbits. They require yearly boosters anyway, it's not like escaped or dumped pets would cause the wild rabbits to become immune. *sigh*

I am sending so many hugs over the ocean to you, and I'm going to go cuddle my rabbits now.

Yep Sas..i have shed those tears do darn much...i cry for the bunnies that i lost..

Angela...it's sad that were not allowed the vaccine here..the government is unfair...they don't wanna listen to people.

I would hear people losing their buns through myxi...and i would think how devestated that person must feel....yeah i felt it too....losing them all....wow how did i get through that!!....it was tough..
All my precious bunnies...gone from my life...Sally who runs SA rabbit rescue told me also that myxi was at it's worst last year due to all the rain fall we had...

Oh boy that's something i never thought would happen to my bunnies...for so many years i had my bunnies and then just like that they're gone....as you can tell i just feel so hurt and angry still..

My heart goes out to you Cheryl. I would crawl in a cave and not (want) to come out either. Horrible myxi. Outright awful that nothing is done, and people in high places don't care. do not care. Your precious companions and soulmate friends. Yes, there are extra special ones who touch your heart so very deeply. Give more TLC to Cassidy. My eyes filled with tears while reading your update post, and then flipping through your blog pages.

I hope that Karla has seen them in the rainbow fields ~ and will come to play. Lots of love to you. Special precious beings.

Thankyou Maria..i appreciate your kind words..

Treasuredfriend..thankyou so much for your thoughts..myxi is devestating....my bunnies all got the red puffy eyes...the hot ears...the vet checked them over and their genital area was swollen..ohh boy i want to get these images out of my head but i can't cause i seen it....seeing pictures of bunnies with myxi on the web is painful to see,but seeing my precious bunnies with red puffy eyes will stay with me forever.....i keep repeating myself but no bunny wild or domestic should suffer like that....at least i could do something to end this for my bunnies but the ones in the wild have to suffer for weeks until they die in pain....it's bloody cruel!.....i'm angry what's happened..

I'm so sorry to hear about Karla....she was an inspiration to me as you helped me with my disabled bunny Jack....i thankyou for all you have done for me...i wish i could give you a hug and say thankyou for everything..

I miss my bunnies terribly....my heart still aches for them....i have Cassidy though...so i'm thankful i had a bunny left to cuddle :(......not nice what happened to my beloved bunnies..

Latest posts

Back