Checky Indi

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
My little male Indi has started bitting me .. he circles me and goes for my legs but at the same time loves affection.

I don't want to castrate him as I want him to mate a few times.

Will he grow out of bitting me?

Depends on the rabbit. If one waits too long before neutering a rabbit, it's possible for that hormonal behavior to become ingrained habit.

Looking back at your posts, it seems that you are rather new to rabbits or at least not very experienced with them. Could you clarify why you would be wanting to breed rabbits? How many rabbits do you currently have? It sounds like you got new rabbits (??) very soon after your others died of calcivirus (or are these ones that survived? or are these ones vaccinated??) What breed(s)? Just trying to get a clearer picture of your intentions.

Also have you read the following thread?
https://www.rabbitsonline.net/threa...-history-or-conformation-when-breeding.76678/

New rabbits, 4 total
Breeding for 2-3 years.
Dwarf lops
All vaccinated

Indi has been hopping around the garden and in the house with me and no issues, it's just sometimes he decides to circle me and then target my legs, otherwise a very cute, energetic, curious bunny.

Looks like I'll just have to take him as is and hope he grows out if it

I now have the second intact buck as free range house (and garden) bunny, they do get calmer once they grow out of their juvenile hotspur stage. As long as my first one was alone he was the perfect house bunny, albeit somewhat lonely, I felt. I got him a spayed cuddlebun, now I have 2 very happy rabbits around in my house. Small downside is that there is some spraying to mop up during certain times of the year, but that's totally worth it for me.

Latest posts

Back