Cheaper international shipping for xpen?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catlyn

Reaction score
I am not kidding when i say that i live in such a dump that amazon tries to charge 200eur to get a 50eur item shipped to me.
I am really in need of an xpen, especially since i have a high chance of starting a bond-date process, needing a secure small area for it, and i am not keen on getting one for 100eur but i don't want outrageous shipping costs either.
Does anyone know any site that would sell and ship xpens internationally but way cheaper than amazon?
20210621_232217.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a pic of our locally avaliable pens. The cheapest one, 61*61cm, Storm is agile enough to jump over it, having found a straight up way out of a 90cm wall. I really want a cheaper option- big fence panels won't be mobile enough to transport. (Though i never thought of cutting them up and making a portable zip-tie-jointed pen of them ourselves, that would cost about 40eur not counting for tools....)
Screenshot_20210621-232722_Samsung Internet.jpg

Zip tie two of the short ones together. Or configure a cover so he can't jump out. Or if he isn't jumping right over but jumping up then climbing up and over, you can zip tie cardboard or some other smooth panel, at the top part of the pen panel so he won't be able to climb up and over the top. The smooth board prevents him being able to climb out.

Fencing wire will work too. I did it to make a portable playpen for outdoors, though I used a really lightweight fencing that isn't very sturdy. You just buy a roll of the fencing wire with the type of spacing you want. Then you need either flush cut wire cutters or an electric cutting tool, to cut each panel. I made mine 24 inches wide. You can't use regular wire cutters that are beveled on both sides, because it leaves a little sharp nib. Unless you want to file down each nib so it's not sharp. Otherwise it cuts you up every time you handle it if you're not careful. Then I just zip tied each panel together, and use trigger snap hooks to clip the end panels together.

Well, i wouldn't mind sanding down any edges. But the way i thought of it, that wouldn't really be needed.
Since i was thinking of getting the sturdier fence material anyway, it is formed in the factories with coated nibs and would be tall enough. Storm's wall looks like this:20210622_040755.jpg

What i was thinking, was using the help and tools of my dad's to cut such big fat panels up into smaller pieces (1.30hX0.80w?) so that the sides wouldn't have those sharp stumps (well, cutting at the joint if you will). That way, if i connect those cut-up panels by sides, these corners would effectively hide those edges. That should work equally well?

Latest posts

Back