Cheap, reliable vacuum?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Love0524

Reaction score
Hello all,

I am a college student and a new foster bunny mom. I am looking for a cheap, reliable vacuum (aka not dyson..) I want to spend less than $50 or so. I'd prefer a handheld vacuum.

Feel free to let me know what type of vacuum you use, even if it is over my budget.

Thanks!

I just use a broom and dustpan to sweep up stray poos. Lots of hay normally doesn't escape from her litterbox, but if it does, i just shake out her carpet squares. I have the commercial building carpet, so its dense and easy to shake. In my opinion a broom works better than a vacuum. Vacuums could also potentialy have problems with sucking up hay, especially a cheap vacuum. If you still want to use a vacuum, you could get a hand vacuum (the link to the hand held one below is 4 and 1/2 stars....i guess reliable?). Dirt Devil works well. I've never used it for bunnies though......
Dirt Devil Scorpion Handheld Vacuum Cleaner, Corded, Small, Dry Hand Held Vac With Cord, Red, SD20005RED (Design Might Vary)
Or this is a not held hand vacuum but is only 3 1/2 stars.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B002KCO96C?tag=digitren08-20&ascsubtag=1589749149912hjny

Go to a Goodwill or thrift store. My roommate found one there for $20 that rocked. It's so cheap you never feel bad using it so much and can replace it if it fails on you. College kid too, I totally get keeping to a budget! Best of luck fostering!

Latest posts

Back