Chat About Bunnies

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I own one Rex rabbit, named Apollo. He was previously named Philip. I didn't think that the name suited him, so I changed it. I adopted him in November because he was supposedly 'unbondable' and his previous owners were absolutely terrified of him. I have no idea why because he's a sweetheart. He's never bitten me, but I've been stretched by his claws (He doesn't have nails at this point: they're more like claws. But I'm working on it). He is a major thumper, and will thump his displeasure any time of day when he doesn't get his way. That rhymes! I do plan on getting him a friend, hopefully, this year. We live in England and he is a semi-freeroamed bunny. My mum seems to prefer him to have full roam of the house because she leaves all the doors open for him to explore the whole day. I also plan to foster rabbits in the next few months (after covid-19 passes).

Attachments

• IMG_E2076[2].jpg
    IMG_E2076[2].jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 7
This last month (March 16th) I rescued a bunny who her previous owners children had neglected. She is a harlequin mix and 7 months old. When I want to het her she was in a VERY small cage not even as big a a small animal carrier. Despite the parents wanting to "get rid of her" I paid quite a lot for her compared to other rabbits I have bought in the past. My heart went out to her and i fell inlove with here picture online and knew she would fit in. I have been bonding very much with her these past weeks. She is getting used to me, letting me pet and love her. She and I still have some work to do to be completly bounded. She has her days as everbunny does. Despite her moodiness i love her dearly! I love to boast and brag about her and just love showing her off!

Attachments

• 2020-04-09_13.52.46.jpg
    2020-04-09_13.52.46.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 1
Hi! I'm a new bunny mom too! My bunny just turned three months last week :) I'm still in the process of learning on how to properly feed them and starting to keep first aid kit in case signs of GI stasis occur. I joined this local rabbits association and I saw one post about his bunny who ate some of the foam in their sofa. He orally administer benebac and the bunny pooped all those foams. So I decided to get one of those benebac since my bun has been nibbling everything he can bite, wires, papers, etc., and I have been thinking of feeding him weekly just to support his digestive system.

What are your thoughts about this? Has any of you tried this? How often do you orally administer benebac? Is it good for them or too much is bad? :) Thanks!

I wouldn’t use Benebac weekly, if he doesn’t need it. If his poops are normal, he probably doesn’t need it. My rabbit likes to chew every thing but he doesn’t digest it. He’s chewed my wire, my curtain, school books, regular books, plenty of bags, a school test and he’s okay. I’ve not needed to use anything on him. Because he spits it out leaving a trail of mess for me to clean (which is better than him getting stasis). This was before I properly rabbit proofed.
I would work on rabbit proofing and trying to keep things out if his reach, to prevent him chewing every thing.

Hi! I'm a new bunny mom too! My bunny just turned three months last week :) I'm still in the process of learning on how to properly feed them and starting to keep first aid kit in case signs of GI stasis occur. I joined this local rabbits association and I saw one post about his bunny who ate some of the foam in their sofa. He orally administer benebac and the bunny pooped all those foams. So I decided to get one of those benebac since my bun has been nibbling everything he can bite, wires, papers, etc., and I have been thinking of feeding him weekly just to support his digestive system.

What are your thoughts about this? Has any of you tried this? How often do you orally administer benebac? Is it good for them or too much is bad? :) Thanks!
I use benebac plus once a month for my rabbit because he is prone to Gi-stasis.

I own one Rex rabbit, named Apollo. He was previously named Philip. I didn't think that the name suited him, so I changed it. I adopted him in November because he was supposedly 'unbondable' and his previous owners were absolutely terrified of him. I have no idea why because he's a sweetheart. He's never bitten me, but I've been stretched by his claws (He doesn't have nails at this point: they're more like claws. But I'm working on it). He is a major thumper, and will thump his displeasure any time of day when he doesn't get his way. That rhymes! I do plan on getting him a friend, hopefully, this year. We live in England and he is a semi-freeroamed bunny. My mum seems to prefer him to have full roam of the house because she leaves all the doors open for him to explore the whole day. I also plan to foster rabbits in the next few months (after covid-19 passes).
Hi your circumstances are simular to mine, I had Lola in to be sprayed but it had to be put on hold due to the Coronavirus, I also plan to get her a male friend. She has a shed outside which we will be building a run onto, she also comes indoors. She is really friendly, loves a cuddle and her nose being kissed. I really want to foster too.

Attachments

• 20200408_164355.jpg
    20200408_164355.jpg
    213.7 KB · Views: 8
  • 20200405_171226.jpg
    20200405_171226.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 7
  • 20200405_171213.jpg
    20200405_171213.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 6
My youngest doe, 1 year old, just gave birth, everything is fine I think, good girl. Although, she did chose the only night with temperatures well below freezing, it was warmer the last weeks and will be warmer tomorrow. I put a heating element under the nestbox, and I had a pile of fur from a false pregnancy which I added to the nest, that should do. Seperated her from her mother for the night, which is pregnant too, just to give her some rest and avoid that Chantal choses the same nestbox.

I guess it's time to find her a name...

Sorry that I did not post pictures sooner.
I will do it soon. :)

I'm having struggles here trying to stop Storm from randomly nipping me and my family. My sis was on the bed, Storm decided to hop on it and just then nip on her leg. He nipped me when i lifted him out from behind the couch. He nipped me when i chased him out from underneath the table that he's not supposed to go. He ignored that barrier completely.
He's a bad, naughty boy that loves to misbehave. He's also sort of lazy-he only sleeps and eats and toilets. Is he bored? He has chew sticks and a big safe cat ball but he ignores them. If dad brings hay here i'll weave Storm a mat or a braid out of it.
He's a stubborn fellow and he won't drink from his water cup indoors. The water is clean and cool(had ice flakes put in it), in an easy to access place, we haven't given him that many greens either. He just won't take a sip.
He likes to make a big circle around the house and then flop in the hole that Musti had dug last year. I still miss him.
Storm will get himself a pal soon. He'll also have to get neutered at the same time. I was hoping to get a spayed girl from a pet owner who wanted to rehome but there aren't people around here...
I was informed of what official colour Storm is! Thanks to SableSteel! He's a "Broken Gold-tipped Black Steel" lop!
I hate him and love him at the same time. Is that normal?

Latest posts

Back