Change in Disposition

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreamgal042

Reaction score
Ivory used to be so active, as soon as his feet were touching the ground, he was running even if you were still holding on. If i lay down and put him next to me, he'd jump back and forward on the couch, exploring the territory, and trying to find a way down. Whenever anyone was in the room with his cage, he'd start playing with all his toys, making as much noise as he could to get some attention. Now, he'd be willing to stay with you as long as someone was petting him. He's not as active as he used to be when I put him on the floor. And he's actually laying down quietly when we're in the living room watching a movie....not complaining, just worried. He's about 2. I got him as an Easter bunny in '04, and I think he was a month or two old then (pet store bunny). Thanks for help! :)

It sounds to me like he is just over the puberty stage and has reached adulthood. Did you recently have him neutered? That would definitely contribute to him being so quiet. How long have you noticed it? Make sure he's pooping/peeing regularly, but if he has no other symptoms, I'm sure he's fine.

:wink:

No, I don't think he's neutered (i know i didn't have it done, and i doubt the pet store would have done it). Its been just a few days to a week or so, not very long. But the weirdest thing is, when I hold him and his feet aren't resting on anything, usually when I touch his paws, he'll get nervous and start to twitch. He's not doing that as much. He'll still get surprised, but he wont try to get his feet on something stable. I find that weird...

Latest posts

Back