Change in Behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

layla20

Reaction score
Hi,

We have had Layla for about 2 months now. She is 16 weeks old.

She has always ate a lot of her food, ate a lot of hay, drank a lot of water and also been very active.

10 days ago we got a new bunny (hamish) we introduced them and they got on great from the get go. They still get on well, clean each other etc..

However the past 3 days Layla has not been as active, she used to run about a lot, jump up on the sofa. She is still doing this but she is also being a bit lazy in the sense of just laying about.

Is this anything to be worried about ? She still eats and drinks the same and is also producing normal Poo.

She is also still getting on fine with Hamish.

Both buns are mini lops.

It may be just a stress reaction from the introduction of a new bunny- even though they are getting on well. I would just watch her for a few days and see if there are any changes to her eating/pooing habbits. Don't worry yourself too much.

Is one a buck and one a doe? If that is the case and one of them is not fixed then there is a chance that your doe is pregnant.

Sometimes rabbits just get in a mood where they are not themselves for a little wile. Try to get her to eat a treat. I have found that uncooked old fashoned oatmeal works wonders and is a favorate with all rabbits. It is also the first food other than mothers milk, that my baby rabbits eat. My guess is that she is just in a mood and will come out of it soon.

Latest posts

Back