Change in behaviour

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonehowl

Reaction score
I've had Thumper since the end of March/first of April. He has always been a very social bunny. He loved coming out of his cage to play, doing binkies like crazy, playing with the cats, climbing onto laps and being petted. But for the last month or so I've noticed a real change in him. He hardly ever wants to come out of his cage and if he does it's only for a few minutes and then right back in he goes. And he has developed an obcession with pellets, he can't get enough of them and he is constantly trying to find more. He has also become really jumpy. You try and pet him and he takes off running like he's terrified. Looking back, I think this all started after he and Bun Bun had a huge fight. Physically he's fine, but I think it has really affected him mentally. Anyone have any suggestions? I really miss the old Thumper.

Sounds like he is a little frightened. You need to reassure him that outside is safe. Start slowly. If you can, section off an area outside his cage where he can seethat only you are there and encourage him out with good treats or some of his pellets that you would normally put in his bowl. Don't try and pet him, let him come to you and wait for him to feel comfortable enough around you before you try and do anything with him. It will take time to build his confidence again. Gradually you can make the area bigger as he gains in confidence. Good luck :)

Latest posts

Back