Chance of unplanned pregnancy is there anything I should do

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, tapioca size dots could be not testicles but genital scent glands if you google them you will get some images they are very small and both males and females have them.

At 4 months you should be able to see testicles already but in Netherlands I've heard it's not easy to find until they are 6 months.

Also males are able to retract their testicles when you want to see them :)

They are both over 4 months old if you are sure they are different sex I would definitely separate them. At 4 months they can get pregnant but maybe you are just lucky.

Sorry my question was even though I have been keeping them separate they had managed to get together... I have made sure this can’t happen again but is there something a vet good do like emergency contraceptive for rabbits

The dots might be a little bigger but I have cleaned his sent glands when I had not long had him I don’t think it’s was them but you never know I’m new to rabbits.

Thank you for you reply

Sorry my question was even though I have been keeping them separate they had managed to get together... I have made sure this can’t happen again but is there something a vet good do like emergency contraceptive for rabbits

The dots might be a little bigger but I have cleaned his sent glands when I had not long had him I don’t think it’s was them but you never know I’m new to rabbits.

Thank you for you reply
You can take Mini to the vets for spaying she's 4,5 months already and they can remove her uterus (with the babies in them if she is pregnant).

Ah thank you. even the thought of that makes me a little sad I think it is probably the best thing she is too young and I was having her done anyway... and maybe she isn’t pregnant this way I will never need to know.
Thanks again x

If possible I would wait it out. The gestation period of a rabbit is 31 days. Once the rabbit is in the second week of pregnancy, you should be able to feel little lumps like marbles in her abdomen. Be very careful not to harm the baby bunny's if she is pregnant. You could always ask the vet to check if you don't feel comfortable doing it.
I suggest just waiting it out because such major surgery has very high risks especially with a rabbit so young. But based on my experiences there is a decent chance she is not pregnant. Lots of luck.

2782367D-46EC-460F-89EE-5D0F9E87B3B2.jpeg Hi guys this is mini and rabbit today she was spayed on Wednesday and is doing fine the vet was great and felt is was the best thing really. I asked and they do do quite a lot of rabbits and have state of the art equipment they said their anaesthetic is almost as goods as our nowadays and they brought my dog through pyo so I had faith x x Rabbit will be done as soon as his blooming balls arrive lol

I have my bunnies separated (both are too young for snipping). Luckily they are still too young for other uh "activities" because I left the door open to one side and they both had a happy day frolicking all over the living area together. They are rescues so the exact age isn't known, but guessed at 3 months-ish.

So yeah, I had a scare too! I've never seen any kind of hormonal activity (no humping or territorial-ness) so far, so I think I'm alright. But yeah, I definitely will need to be more careful until they are bigger!

Latest posts

Back