Chance is lethargic and urinating on himself

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBoyHarper

Reaction score
I went to clean Chance's cage tonight and I walked in and found him laying down, soaked in pee. He had pee'd on himself and didn't even bother to move. I noticed yesterday that once he's in the yard, he appears happy, but inside in the last couple days,he's just not acting right. He doesn't get excited when I go to get him out his cage. He usually is busting through the top when I open it,usually hopping out on his own before I can grab him. However in the last two days, he just lays there, waiting for my to grab him and not really caring. Then tonight, with him peeing on himself like that. What does this indicate? Urine looks about the same, his stomach doesn't feel hard (Harper pee'd on himself like this the morning before he had his blockage surgery. He was in too much pain to get up).

Am I looking at yet another vet visit already?? Good grief!

*Sigh* My poor man, I'm just praying for the day when he feels better and can stay that way for more than a few days.

Angela, I have no pain meds on hand tonightexcept baby asprin. Is that safe to use with his kidney's being the way they are?

*Sigh* Then I am stuck with no pain meds. It's 9pm at night too, so I'm kind of in a bind. We have no ER vets out here, actually we only have one vet period and he's a livestock vet.I'm gonna pray he'll be okay till morning and I'll get him to my vet first thing in the AM.

Can you give him something to keep him warm? A warm towel, or a sock filled with dry rice and warmed in the microwave? It might make him a bit more comfortable.

Angela, I'll give him both to keep him comfy.He's such a mama's boy, I have a feeling I'll be up most of the night holding him with a warm sock against him.

You are a super bun mom! You all will be in thoughts and prayers.:pray:

I'm glad they were able to help you w/ advice. Sorry, I just haven't had these issues so I don't know. You sure are learning a lot though.;)

:pray:

Crystal and the buns.

Danielle, you are a bunny angel. :bunnyangel:

Hope Chance, Thumper and YOU start feeling better.

Give those boys nose rubs (and Harper too) and snuggles from me, Drizzle, and Latte. We're praying for all of you guys!

:pray::brown-bunny:brown-bunny

:( Poor Chance. I'll be thinking of you tonight with Chance and Thumper!!

______
Nadia

Poor Chance :( That darling little boy has had to go through so much!! And he's such a sweetie!!! I'll be thinking of him and praying for him....

:grouphug

I'm back.

*Puts on flame retardant suit*

I didn't take Chance. I didn't see the need. He's acting a bit better today, but that's not why I didn't take him. When I talked to him, my vet admitted he was clueless and really wasn't sure why I was bringing him back him. That's why we were sent to the exotics vet. Fine.

The exotics vet said looking at the tests, he has no idea why Chance is the way he is, and you can't fix something you don't know what's wrong.I could've brought him into the exotics vet, but they wanted to do another x-ray, blood work, urinalysis, on top of a $40 office visit. So$200 I can get the same answer all over again. I opted not to, for obvious reasons.

So yeah, that's pretty much been the jist of things here today. I've been told by too many vets and people around me on what decision to make with his future. I think I'm going to finally make that decision because I can't see him in pain for much longer and be told there's nothing we can do.I know some may not agree with me, so flame away.

EDIT: I'm sorry if I come across snippy, I'm just having a very bad day.

I, for one, will not flame you. You can't just sit there and watch him in terrible pain and can do nothing about it. I really hope he magically gets better.It's aweful b/c he seems so happy now, but he can't be happy if he's very ill and in pain. I'm sorry MBH. This must be so hard.:hug:

Thanks for the update!

I'm sorry! I am not going to flame you either.The vets just don't know and it is the hard part. You know him better than any of us and have used all the available resources to get a diagnosis. Sometimes former abuse and neglect just does too much damage.

Thank you for the update.

Latest posts

Back