Champagne d'argents

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
Finally remembered the camera so here are the (5) 8week olds of our first champagne litter. I think there are 3 does and 2 bucks. I may keep a doe but I was gonna offer someone who wants a buck a trade for a doe since my buck and doe are already half siblings.

MD1
DSCN0411.jpg

DSCN0412.jpg

DSCN0413.jpg

DSCN0414.jpg

I forgot to get top pics on 1 and 2 and after tattooing they were too upset to sit still so I put them in an empty feed container.
DSCN0426.jpg

MD2-I think looks the best in pics despite trying to run off the table.
DSCN0417.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

DSCN0425.jpg

MD3-Hands on I liked this doe best. She feels the most solid and is the only one that didn't scream murder and become nearly impossible to handle after tattooing. She jerked, wiggled, and bounced right back to normal. In pics she doesn't look quite as good but it may be a lack of good posing. If her back feet were more under her and her front feet were under her head I think she might look rounder and fuller in the hindquarters.

DSCN0421.jpg

DSCN0422.jpg

DSCN0424.jpg

Bucks

MD4-I like this buck best at this point.
DSCN0429.jpg

DSCN0430.jpg

DSCN0431.jpg

DSCN0432.jpg

DSCN0433.jpg

MD5-Feels very thin and rangy but maybe he just got shoved out of the feed and will catch up since he is only 8weeks old.

DSCN0434.jpg

DSCN0435.jpg

DSCN0436.jpg

DSCN0437.jpg

Quick question. Is small tear in the ear enough for a DQ? MD5 tore a triangle in his ear as a kit which healed to have a little 1" line as a hole in the middle. Not sure how it happened.

I am not sure an ear tear would necessarily be a DQ but it would definitely be a fault.
Someone else want to weigh in on that?

Also, might I suggest surgical(the thin gloves in the first aid area of the pharmacy) gloves when you are tattooing, it help keep the ink off the hands,but they are thin enough to still feel what you are doing.

I couldn't even see the tear, and you may loose a few points, but I wouldn't worry about it with them... I think its more of an issue with Elops. And if the parent had like ate part of the ear trying to clean it at birth.

Latest posts

Back