Celexa ?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brandy456

Reaction score
My doctor put me on celexa (second, or third generation of prozac)and i'm definitely feeling loopy.
Once it kicked in, i was TIRED. Like I couldn't sit up anymore, I needed to lay down. So I went to lay down, then when I thought I was ready to get up, remember thinking to myself ' how do I do this.. ' as in I couldn't remember for the life of me how to get up.
So then I got worried.

When I stand up and walk, it feels like i'm on air, i mean, i can't feel myself take steps.

The funny thing is, my doctor asked me how I was with Alcohol, and i told her it makes me extremely sick. So instead of starting me off at 20-30 mg, like normal people.. she started me at 10mg because I'm so sensitive.

We have to go grocery shopping, and i'm scared i'm going to pass out and fall asleep lol!

My dog wont leave my side either, which is weird because he's usually very independent. Do you think he can sense I feel weird, or the fact I suppose i'm acting weird.

How long have you been taking it? The first few weeks you can have those kinds of side effects. I was completely out of it for the first few weeks I tried it but usually the side effects go away after a few weeks.

Also remember to take it at the same time each day and don't skip days or you can feel even worse(this is usually once you've been on it for a while).

It takes a few weeks for the meds to start working and the side effects to go away. Give it some time and the side effects will become less. But yes it does suck the first few weeks of feeling loopy.

have you tried any alternatives? i have been on and off ssri's for years and none of them worked properly for me.

lately i've been using an amino acid called 5htp (5hydroxytryptophan) and it works a treat. it basically increases your seratonin production naturally and has very few of the icky side effects that SSRI's have.

it's relatively cheap too, i just order it in bulk from iherb.com

Everyone is different.

Follow your doctors order, and take the 10mg for several weeks. It may be that long before you know if it is working or not. After that the doctor might increase the dosage. If that doesn't work, he can try a different drug.

But always remember, you are not alone. There are many people who can help, and support you.

I take the 10mg for 10 days, (tuesday is the last of that) then double it.
I'm SOOO tired, I sleep 13-14 hours at night, then take a nap, then sleep in the car on the way to the grocery store.
It's insane.

Meds react differently for everyone. I don't remember being sleepy it was a long time ago after my separation. But after 4 mos I weened myself off of it I felt it helped at first but I wanted to get off of it and I felt a huge weight off my shoulder's when I stopped, so it was time.

Latest posts

Back