Cecotrope catastrophy please help, and meet my new bun (:ny

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Madoka

Reaction score
I have posting a lot on here because I recently rescued a 7 week old bun. She is healthy and happy but she seems to keep getting her cecotropes stuck all under her, stomach and butt. What can I do? They get smushed into her fur :confused: :(o_O any advice on how to clean up a 7 week old bun would really help, I appreciate it :):D that's Mei in the photo :):):):D:p

Attachments

• IMG_20200224_083824.jpg
    IMG_20200224_083824.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 14
Adorable btw. She is young so she will forget to eat them sometimes. You can start by pulling them off, If you're grossed by this use gloves. Then take a warm wet washcloth and wipe out the smears. Don't use any soap.

Adorable btw. She is young so she will forget to eat them sometimes. You can start by pulling them off, If you're grossed by this use gloves. Then take a warm wet washcloth and wipe out the smears. Don't use any soap.
Thank you !! I will do the warm wet washcloth today! You have been so helpful today I super appreciate it :):(:oops::oops:

What I found good is to actually cut it off very careful. It is much faster and therefore less stress.

You can also try to brush them off carefully

She will learn quickly. They actually look like small grapes and don't smell offensive.....unlike cat and dog poo.
I call them their "special poo" lol

Latest posts

Back