Cecals

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crystalballl

Reaction score
Hi There,

Not sure if I should be posting this in here (feel free to move to a better location if I've put this in the wrong place)

Every morning I bring Holly out of the room and attach her pen to her cage in the living room. So thats about 7-8am every morning. After an hour or so when I go see her I find a cecal or two on the carpet. Is it okay that she doesn't eat one or two a day? Or should I be concerned. I'm almost positive she eats the rest, as I don't find many, it just seems one a day or so?!

ANY help or opinions would be greatly appreciated. She will be going in on Thursday for her spay, but want to make sure she's completely fine!!

Thanks,

Crystal

hmm, I find one or two here and there from my 2sometimes. I've never really been too concerned if it's just a couple. Sometimes I think they get distracted and forget to eat those? Not sure...

Yea that's all I find as well. One or two. And it is in the morning when I let her out with her pen and then a few mins later, then Bandit "loose" hehe so when she sees him she gets all excited and runs to see which side of her pen he's gonna say Hi to her on, so maybe she just gets distracted?! I hope that's all.

I'm just not sure if I need to be concerned about that?!

Crystal, seriously, I have found that with un-bonded pairs, when each other is out, they mark like you wouldn't believe. I think the cecal thing has to do with the fact that they are out of their relm so to speak, and I think it just messes with their tummies a tad. They will tend to leave them.I only know this b/c I have seen it with mine that are not yet bonded.:D I wouldn't worry too much, but, when they are bonded, or, you think they are, they will still do this to establish dominance.;)

Greetings, :)

If it increases in amount of cecels she doesn't eat, it could be a lack of calcium in the diet. That's where I'd start. If she's not much of a hay eater, try enticing her with some cabbage or kale, just not too much as they can cause gas.

-Carolyn

Latest posts

Back