Cataracts

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kristen13

Reaction score
I've had my little boy Felix for almost 2 years now, he was a gift to me. Unfortunately he was from a mall pet store known for their mistreatment of animals and also for taking babies that are far too young. So I knew that there were risks keeping him, but I couldn't just give him back. He had his wellness check yesterday, to see if we could Schedule his neuter. I brought up this habbit of his, that I just assumed was adorable excitement and found that it's actually not. He gets his energy boost like all rabbits, he also gets excited when I get home or when it's time for greens and treats, so excited that he runs and binkys so fast. I would laugh it off when he would just run straight into something, just assuming oh hes too hyper. He has had some minor injuries from this and I've moved things around to help as best I can. Turns out he has cataracts in both eyes, one is slightly worse. There's no clouds and the vet believes he can till see fairly well, but agrees that his vision could be slightly off and mixed with these hyper moods is the reason for his clumsy behavior. Has anyone had a rabbit with cataracts, I'd just like to hear how you dealt with it. My vet works with our local rabbit sanctuary and they have several with cataracts that she treats, I trust her completely but I just want to hear things from an owners perspective.

Latest posts

Back