Cat trees/towers suitable for rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Katie94

Reaction score
Hello,

I was thinking of getting my indoor rabbits a cat tree/tower to entertain them. I was thinking they might enjoy the levels to jump up on and hiding places. Has anyone given these to a rabbit before would it be safe?

Thank you

Yes theyre safe as long as your rabbit doesnt eat them. Like anything else.
Be cautious of the height.
I had one gal who LOVED her cylinder one that came from the walmart pet section. It was a carpeted cylinder with 2 holes and then the top she could jump on.

We have 2 cats and a rabbit, and our rabbit loves to sleep on the base of the cat tower, but has never jumped to higher levels. Maybe that is because the cats are up there or it is too high :) She loves cardboard tubes and boxes, though, so she would probably like a smaller cat tree.

Thanks for all the tips everyone I’ve got some great ideas for options now :)

I think those would be great! In fact I just bought this one for my rabbit this week. https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B081GFNJQK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

In my experience rabbits like to climb. I've had rabbits that climbed onto bookshelves etc (which weren't very safe) so now I try to provide them with safer options that are covered in plush or made from safer materials they won't slip from.

I often build homemade "castles" for my bunnies and provide grass matting to help make them nonslip if they are on the high side. My buns love them.

I love those cardboard tower ideas Theo and cloverhouse I tried to find one that shipped to the UK but haven’t been successful :( US ones either don’t ship to the UK or have very high import fees. Such a shame as I think they would be great for what I want!

Not quite a tower but this is pretty cool. I got it from the local pet shop it’s a little cardboard chair and they seem to be liking it!

Attachments

• 525A3425-81B3-4977-8E19-6912492665A7.png
    525A3425-81B3-4977-8E19-6912492665A7.png
    224.4 KB · Views: 10
  • EBC3E706-E1A6-46D7-A2C3-53E95F10E67F.png
    EBC3E706-E1A6-46D7-A2C3-53E95F10E67F.png
    239.9 KB · Views: 8

Latest posts

Back