Cat kibble??

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DwarfGirl

Reaction score
My bunny nibbled on some cat kibble when he was out hopping around. He has done this acouple times and seems to REALLY think it tastes yummy!!

I have since taken it up so he can't get to it, but I was wondering if it would be okay to give him a few pieces now and then for atreat?

Many years back when we had Gabby, inside tort mixed buck, he would always find his way into the dog or cat food, favored the cat food. I do not think it is deadly but should be kept away from it.

Rabbits are strict herbivores and cats are carnivores. Cat food contains meat which rabbits cannot digest.
Eating a few pieces will not really harm a rabbit, but it should not be encouraged to allowed to continue.
Many cat foods contain lots of grains and animal by-products. Both are bad for rabbits and not so good for the cats either.

Find a safe rabbit treat to give instead of cat food.

Korr_and_Sophie wrote:
Rabbits are strict herbivores and cats are carnivores. Cat food contains meat which rabbits cannot digest.

Rabbits are indeed herbivores, but can and will eat insects and meat (and are able to digest it). (Does consume a large amount of tissue when eating placentas as well as some cases of them devouring their own young).

Many cat foods actually contain more corn than any other ingredient.

Due to the higher protein and carbs, cat/dog food should not be fed in large amounts - but small amounts certainly won't hurt anything.

Pam

Latest posts

Back