Cat gone missing

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

queenadreena

Reaction score
Has anyone ever had their cat go missing for 3 days plus and got them back? My boyfriends young cat, Polo hasn't been back to the house for food or water, and we're starting to get worried. We're putting up flyers tomorow if he doesn't return. He's a beautiful pure white cat, and we're both very sad. Wish us luck in finding him.:(

Good luck! When I was a kid, our cat went missing for over a month. We started assuming she was dead, especially since she was getting old, but it was hard because we didn't know for sure. Then she showed up on our door step one morning, thin as a rail, covered in dirt, and crying to be let in. Best we can tell is that she must have gotten stuck somewhere.

Along with fliers, have you called local animal rescues or the police? Someone might have brought her in. At the very least you can have them call you if someone turns in a cat that fits her description.

Thanks, he's still not turned up :(I will contact the pet shelter in our area and put up flyers first thing in the morning. He's the type of cat that'd get caught up in chasing a bird or butterfly, before realising he's lost, not too smart, but I hope he'll find his way back to us.

I think he'll find his way back, too. I have a close friend who's kitty was missing for over a week, but came back. Polo might be a bit malnourished when he comes back, but just take him in to see the vet and I'm sure he'll be just fine.

Don't worry yourself too much. Putting up flyers is a good idea, but try to relax and be sure your boyfriend relaxes, too, ok?

We're here for you, and you're in our thoughts! :)

queenadreena- we are in the SAME boat. . .my brother's cat hootie hasn't been home for 4 days. . .yesterday we had this sever thunderstorm and right in the middle of it my brother started to freak out and wanted to go looking for him. . .we had to make him stay in the house. . .:(

i hope your kitty comes back!

My cats are all in doors but they sneak out sometimes. Each time they manage to sneak out we find them sitting on the front porch whining to be let in lol. I'm sure he'll be back just be sure to leave some food and water out for him to find. Also i agree call the shelters and let them know you have a cat missing and what he looks like. good luck and keep us posted okay. :hug1

Best to be aggressive. But up flyers all over the neighbourhood, in all the pet stores, contact all the shelters, place ads, etc.If somebody found him and thinks (or at least hopes) he's a really pretty stray, they won'tgive him up unlessthey see that kind ofactivity.

That said, we had an orange tomthat disappeared and showed up at the door a YEAR later, acting like nothing had happened.

sas

Good news! We found Polo this morning, he came back to us lookinga little dirty and dehydrated, not too sure where he'd been but he's fine now. He's been getting lots of treats and cuddles.:DThank you all for being so caring.

kittydance.gif
That's great news!

cheryl

Latest posts

Back