Castration day :/

Help Support RabbitsOnline:

Reaction score
My bun is currently at the vets, I pick him up at 5. I felt terrible taking him and leaving him at the vets even though I know he will be fine and its for the best.

Just wondered about after care, what's worked for you if you've been through this, and any tips/ advice

Thanks in advance :)

Apollo’s Slave

Reaction score
Aww, it’s okay. I’m sure he’ll do just fine! Your vet will likely give you some pain medication to administer to him for the next week or so. They should tell you how to administer it.
When my rabbit got neutered, I brought him into my room and put him in a small xpen. I took the lid off of his litter box so that jumping in and out had a less of a risk of him tearing his stitches. It’s likely that he won’t eat much once you bring him home, but he sure to offer hay and veggies right away. I’d also bring his favourite treat with you when you pick him up to offer to him. My vet advised not letting him out for about a week once he came home.
Administrating medicine through a syringe was probably the worst part! But a trick for me was putting the dosage in the syringe and smearing the banana all over the top, fooling my rabbit into thinking that it was just a great treat! :D

If you have any worries, just ask them to your vet when you pick your bunny up. You could also write them down so that you don’t forget.