carrier size for mini rex

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akane

Reaction score
I need carriers. I had to bring my last mini rex acquisition home in a box. The breeder just emailed me back about the size for my champagne does but I forget to ask about the mini rex since they also have those too. So what compartment dimensions are best for mini rex?

I wouldn't go any smaller than the small cat container. Emergency service workers are trained to look for cat and dog carriers. If you have it anything smaller your bun might get missed in an accident.

I use 3-hole carriers for my Mini Rex, if that's what you mean - show carriers, right? They are decent sized, and when I have juniors I will usually put 2 to a compartment, more if they are younger & smaller.

Emily

Yes show carriers but the number of holes isn't really helpful. The compartments can be all different sizes. Klubertanz has 8x16", 8x14", 8x10", and 6x12" listed for small to medium breeds.

my four holes are 8x12 and my three holes are 8x16, I prefer my four holes as you use the space efficiently and you have room for food/water crocks and rabbit but the three holes are nice over longer show weekends as they have more room to move about or if I need to double up young juniors to take to sell.

My carriers are 4 hole. Each hole is 9X12. I don't want the holes any bigger thanfor two crocks and room for the rabbit to lay down. If they are too big and the rabbit gets spooked by something they don't have much room to jump around and hurt themselves.

Latest posts

Back