Carpet

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Honeybunny.

Reaction score
My bunny would not stop eating/chewing the carpet, what should I do???

You can spray ivory soap or bitter apply spray to make it taste bad. Then give him/her an item that he/she can chew on like chew toys, grass mats, hay, alfalfa cubes, and wooden chew sticks.

Change rug/flooring a few things will trigger my own bunnies to chew and a few rugs would never work with them. You can try changing the rug to something else and see if your bunny will have a go on the rug.

You can also try giving your bunny chewing toys and place them on the rug. That’s how I did placing chewing toys where they often chew and they at least got a bit kinder to the wooded furniture in the house.

Don't spray anything near bunnies. Keep them in a LARGE safe enclosure with flooring they don't chew. Only let them out when you can supervise with 100% attention and stop them (by making a noise they don't like) EVERY time they eat carpet. Consistency is very important. If they only dig or chew in a corner you can try putting a ceramic tile there. You are right to worry about this, eating carpet is very dangerous. Of course, also give them plenty of toys they are allowed to chew. Good luck!

Latest posts

Back