Carpet nails

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TheBuns

Reaction score
Hello,

I don’t know what to do with the nails that stick out of my carpet. I used tiles but I ran out of them. I’m not sure what else to use i use cardboard but she moves it easily. Im getting tired of having to cover all the holes. Nothing I do will stop her from tearing the carpet. I already got poked by the nails to-.- I’m worried that she will too. I’m going to get tile but not sure when. How much do you guys think it would cost to get one room done 10ft by 12ft wide? Do any of you guys have a problem with the nails in your carpet?

Are they sticking straight up? Can you see them? If so you could use a hammer and tap them down so that they don't poke up.

Are they sticking straight up? Can you see them? If so you could use a hammer and tap them down so that they don't poke up.

They are kind of slanted down somewhat, you don’t think it will still poke if I tap them down? Like when she flops and slides you don’t think it will hook on instead? I’ll give it a try and test it out with my hand lol

I’m going to get tile but not sure when. How much do you guys think it would cost to get one room done 10ft by 12ft wide
Where are you planning to get the tile from? Laminate Hardwood works well too and is cheaper. You will have to talk to your installer about how much it will cost, but based on my Google search it says it should cost $15-$20 per square foot for materials and installation.

Where are you planning to get the tile from? Laminate Hardwood works well too and is cheaper. You will have to talk to your installer about how much it will cost, but based on my Google search it says it should cost $15-$20 per square foot for materials and installation.

I’m not sure but the house is brand new built so I think I have to call whoever built the house.

The nails are curved back toward the wall to hold the carpet in place--like the teeth on a Boa. I had a 14'x15' room tiled here for $540--included the closet and the base.

I remember when we first moved it the nails would poke up through the carpet and poke up, and the nails aren’t facing the wall either. I think they messed up it makes more sense for them to face the walls. $540 that’s not bad mine is a lil smaller too.

Latest posts

Back