Carpet Digging

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yaya8a

Reaction score
Can carpet digging be a hormonal behavior for a female rabbit? My rabbit is 8 months old now and all of sudden she has started to dig and completely destroy the carpet in the room she free roams. Oddly enough she only goes for the corners or edges where the carpet meets the baseboard. She hasn’t been spayed due to health issues. The vet has dragged out her spay surgery due to her having rabbit syphilis ( I’ve posted questions about this in the forum already) I would have hoped to have her spayed since 6 months old but it hasn’t been able to be done. I was thinking about laying down vinyl tile on top of my carpet (with coroplast underneath it) like in this video . In hopes of stopping her from completely destroying it. I’m just wondering if she will be able to lift it? Any other ideas? I would really appreciate any advice! Also, will the spay help this behavior go away?

So my rabbit is spayed and I haven't noticed it before she was spayed but she constantly digs at our couch. After looking it's up turns out she's trying to dig an exit. Maybe give your bunny some outside time or just more excessive in general.it also could be her nails, if you haven't trimmed them in a while. I would try and find some or make some anti chewing spray. Lennon the bunny on YouTube has some vids on that

So my rabbit is spayed and I haven't noticed it before she was spayed but she constantly digs at our couch. After looking it's up turns out she's trying to dig an exit. Maybe give your bunny some outside time or just more excessive in general.it also could be her nails, if you haven't trimmed them in a while. I would try and find some or make some anti chewing spray. Lennon the bunny on YouTube has some vids on that
Thanks for the reply, I don’t think it’s her nails as I just recently trimmed them. I’m going to look Into the anti chewing spray. I will look up the videos about it, thanks!

Latest posts

Back