Car accident

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SOOOSKA

Reaction score
Well yesterday while driving home from a job interview, i was going through a GREEN light (Markham & Steeles for those who know Toronto)whensome yahoo decided he was going to speed up and make a left hand turn. He's being charged.

He was driving a pickup truck, wow I have never been in an accident in 37 years of driving, when the airbags opened it was pretty darn scary. My glasses flew to the back of the car (of course I'm blind without them).

My nose is real sore the ambulance didn't think it was broken, I cut my inner lip. My back and legs are real sore today.

My car is supposidly a rightoff, just what I need right as I'm not working (I was laid of last October).

As it's a long weekend here the traffic was bad, I'm sure I had a few drivers cursing me as my car was right in the middle of the intersection, as It couldn't be moved till the police got there over a hour after the accident.

Soooska:apollo:

Sorry I put this in the wrong area, DAH can someone move it for me. I guess my brain was affected too. LOL

Soooska

That's really scary! Are you sure you're okay? Maybe you should get your back checked out- that's not something to mess with.:?

:hug2

Wow how scary! I'm so glad you weren't seriously injured. I've been in a couple car accidents before so I know how terrifying they can be. And now that I'm learning how to drive I see how stupid some drivers are. I hope you feel less sore soon.:hug:

Lissa

Oh man, that sounds scary! I'm just glad you're okay. Some drivers have no right to be on the road:mad:.

Glad to hear that you're ok, for the most part. Your lucky you didn't get hurt worse. Car accidents can be really nasty. Take care of yourself. I agree with naturestee about your back. You probably tightend up during the accident, but you never know.

Oooh, sad to say it will probably get worse before it gets better. The soft tissue damage is nasty. I think the muscles, etc. get stretchedand then contract, and that's when it can get pretty darn uncomfortable. I'd see a doctor.

I'd see one anyway for insurance purposes. And definitely a lawyer. Not sure how Ontario works, it may be different (you may have a different 'no fault' system), but if it'sanything like ICBC, it will take a lawyer to sort it all out.The gov't insurance will try and attach blame and shortchange and devalue everything.

The fact that you weren't working isn't in your favour seeing as they prefer reimbursing the more tangible lost wages, etc, to pain and suffering, but on your way back from a job interview will help. (How did itgo, btw?)A good lawyer can parlay that into potential employment if you can't work for awhile.

I had whiplash,it took a few days to kick in, I just laughed about at the time of my accident (broadsided whileI was in the back of a cab), but it a few days later I couldn't hold my head up, then my back went into spasms. Someof the discomfortstayed with me for years.

In your case, here's hoping for a quick recovery and a large settlement. And get out those heating pads and lie on firm surfaces.

Feel better soon!
pet.gif

sas :)and the gang :bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance::bunnydance:

sorry to hear about your car accident.. Hope you will be feeling better soon. Crazy drivers!!!!

Cristy

Oh No!

See a doctor right away. He could prescribe a stronger pain killer and advise you on what treatments might be in order.

Rainbows! :(

If you do go to your doctor ask himif he canrecommend a chiropractor. A chiropractor can move your spine and other thingsback into place if anything gotbumped out of place. I'm a dancer and every once in awhile I'll go to my chiropractor and he'll do an adjustment.My back (or whatever else he worked on)immediately feels less tense. During the winter I had a skiing accident that resulted in me dislocating my knee. Once the swelling went down he was able to further get it back into place so it could heal properly (which is more than they did for me at the hospital). Ireallydorecommend seeing a chiropractor if you can, evenjust once. A back isn't something you want to havelong term problems with.

Feel better soon!

Lissa

Yeah, I was in a car crash a few years ago, the cars were both totalled but thankfully no one had more than just nasty bumps and bruises. My left knee still gives me problems though, it bent the e-brake handle and took out the radio. How it did that without breaking, I have no idea, I must be the Woman of Steel! LOL

Tell you what though, I didn't feel to bad coming home from the ER, but by the next day, getting out of bed was a herculean effort! The next 24 hours or so after the wreck is the hard part.

Thanks for all the kind words.

I made a Dentist appointment for tomorrow as my lower gum is really bruised. I need to see my family doctor to as my lower back is still painful and I have quite the headache.

Soooska:apollo:

Latest posts

Back