Cao and Col - Togetether at last!

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Minilop

Reaction score
Howdy all! :)

Finally the bunny’s are together. For the last couple of weeks they have had been side by side, with various little meetings in different places, swapping of blankets etc.

Cao was neutered 2 weeks and 2 days ago now (Wow!) It went so quick! He is definitely the dominant one, even though Colin is twice his size. There was alot of humping and thumping, but I watched over them for a while, and eventually they were eating and cuddling together, once Cao got over theTONS of humping. I'm pretty sure that’s a dominance thing? Or, that he isn’t completely positive the he is neutered. He still tries every so often, but they are basically fine now.

Anyways, now they are permanently in the huge cage together.It makes life so much easier. I will post pictures soon. I’m so happy! –Dances- :D

well done! please do post photos soon... we would like to see them! and I want to see the size difference haha

you beat me to complete the bonding... and my girl was desexed before your boy. I started before you. my two have seen each other but I haven't put them together yet... I'm too scared!

do you have any tips for me? what worked for you?

Maybe you will beet me after all. Cao's got a horrible infection called Pasteurella, that takes a long time to heal. They are separated again. :cry2

So much for that bonding.

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/past.shtml

Cao was really dominant when it came to the bonding, and there was alot of mounting etc. I put him in the cage and let Colin see him, which helped. I was really nervous to put them in together, but each time I put them together - I put them in a different room neither had been in. There was some mounting, but they soon got over that.

oh it must be annoying for you that you have to separate them, just when it was looking like they were bonding. I'm sorry to hear that.

I guess if it worked the first time then it should work the second time...?

Very very annoying. Plus, he needs injections every morning, and two the last few nights. He really doesn't like me at the moment. :expressionless

I do hope the bonding works again!

How are your two going?

I decided today it was finally time to put them together properly. It didn't go very well... I won't go into details here though, I'm going to make a new thread about it.

Minilop wrote:
Maybe you will beet me after all. Cao's got a horrible infection called Pasteurella, that takes a long time to heal. They are separated again. :cry2

So much for that bonding.

http://www.rabbitnetwork.org/articles/past.shtml

Cao was really dominant when it came to the bonding, and there was alot of mounting etc. I put him in the cage and let Colin see him, which helped. I was really nervous to put them in together, but each time I put them together - I put them in a different room neither had been in. There was some mounting, but they soon got over that.
Sorry about the set back, hope Cao gets better soon!

Latest posts

Back