Can't decide which buck to show...

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snap

Reaction score
We are only allowed one entry in each category(sr doe, sr buck, jr doe, jr buck- all recognized breeds compete) or I'd just show both.

The bucks in question are brothers, and very, very similar in body type so it's really up this little things. They are 7 months old, but this show is more lenient on age groupings- whoever I pick will be classified as a junior.

To the rabbits:
One, the tort, has undescended testicles. I can't find anything on if this will be a fault/disqualification for his age, or not because he's classified as a junior?

The other, a broken blue tort, has an upright ear about 60-70% of the time(his crown is fine, he's just a very excitable little guy). I know Holland lops are excitable and it isn't a huge fault, but I highly doubt he will keep it down while he's on the table.

So, help?

Over here anyway if it was a junior you would get away with the undescended testicles so if he has the ear carriage and they were that similar I would probably go with him :)

i would agree with the above. They check for a penis as far as a genitalia DQ. I dont think it would be a big deal

Heh, I don't have any pictures but some blurry phone ones on the computer right now. If I'm not too busy tomorrow I'm going to be posing all four of the breeding rabbits I'm taking to show, plus the four in my meat pen, so I'll post pictures if I can.

4kr- It's actually our district FFA show, so it's not really a huge thing, but it's my last one((I'm a senior in high school)) so I want to be confident with everything I'm taking to the show grounds.

Oh how neat! Good luck to you and I hope you let us know how you did. I'll check back for pictures if you get a chance to take any. Shows are always so exciting! Good Luck!!:)

Latest posts

Back