can't decide if I should adopt or not

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Itchyrat

Itchy
Reaction score
so I've been looking for a new family member for a good while now, and got my sights for a Flemish Giant, and I finally found a breeder that has an incredibly cute little black male for sale, who is ready to leave his mother the last of may.....and he is absolutely perfect in every way, he has a pedigree and is registered.

but the thing is that I've just moved back home after being pretty much homeless for 9 months, and I'm still getting my place back in order :/
*my economy is no problem, and I do have a bit extra saved away just for this purpose*

If you feel your situation is stable, then getting a rabbit could be a good choice. It would not be fair to either of you if something happened and you had to give him up.

He would not be old enough to be registered. ARBA requires rabbits to be at least 6 months. It's not like dogs that can be registered after birth. Rabbits have to meet the breed standard and have a full pedigree.

He would not be old enough to be registered. ARBA requires rabbits to be at least 6 months. It's not like dogs that can be registered after birth. Rabbits have to meet the breed standard and have a full pedigree.

well, I live in sweden, and we have different rules here ;)

and I do already own a dwarf lop, and food & housing is no problem at all

anyway, I talked some more with his breeder, and I made upmy mind and went ahead and booked him, and I just paid the deposit fee on him, and now all I have to do is get his cage ready & wait to pick him up :3

It was the fact that he is born on April fool's day that sealed the deal, I've been wanting to name my next bunny Sheogorath (from Elder scrolls universe) and he is a trickster & prankster, so it seemed fitting

here they get registered before they leave the breeder, and are either tattooed or have a leg ring with its ID number on

the only requirement to register kits here are that the breeder is registered with the swedish rabbit breeding association (SKAF) the parents has pedigrees,are registered, and showed with the score registered with the registry :)

tomorrow his breeder will finally send some photos of my little darling :D

I recently found a young dawrf bunny after being unable to find his owners we adopted it him his names hazel. And any advice on careing for a bunny would help greatly I'm an animal lover but have never had a bunny as a pet.

I recently found a young dawrf bunny after being unable to find his owners we adopted it him his names hazel. And any advice on careing for a bunny would help greatly I'm an animal lover but have never had a bunny as a pet.

I don't really see how this is relevant in any way to my post :/

anyway...I just got a new photo of my little daaaaaarling, and I'm even more happy that I did decide to book him :D

jättebebis3.jpg

his ears are truly magnificent :p
I never loved big upright ears on bunnies before I had Dobby, but now I absolutely love them

I recommend starting a new thread. Then you will get plenty of great information.

gosh...i can barely wait until it's time to get him :3
the cage is ready, the carrier ready, and I made him a harness today to pass some time....now the only thing missing is the rabbit XD

i know that, but i have no plans of neutering or spaying either of them, so I'd rather keep them separate to avoid accidents

Latest posts

Back