Canned pumpkin calories

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Johncdn

Reaction score
Late Friday night Willow had a very bad scare -I will post about it later, but she is much better now and as in mostcases, it was the bunny gardian's fault.

The next day she was eating very little and not pooping atall. Thanks to everyone here, I knew what todo:hug:Iwent for the can of pumpkin. She did notwant to eat at first so I put some on her paws and she licked itoff. Repeated that a few times and in a while, the systemstarted to work.

My question is now that she is eating on her own and almost back to her old self, she REALLY likes the stuff.

I checked using the search, and I know that it is high in fiber, but isit too high in calories? Natural sugar? Can she gettoo much of it?

:blueribbon:This is for everyone here and the great information you all post

Hey John! :p

I do think they can get too much canned pumpkin, but given inmoderation, it works wonders! When talking about too manycalories, I think carbohydrates and or protein high in content would beof concern. I give my buns about three or four tablespoons aday in the evening. They are at a perfect weight. Iam learning lots here too, I am hoping a seasoned expert will reply toyour post. Welcome!

Hugs! Shorty, Star & Krick

i just introduced canned pumpkin, and i too, waswondering how much is too much. i have looked around at old posts butam still not sure. i have been giving one small teaspoon a day. Is thistoo much?

Thanks,

Nicole

Nicky Snow wrote:
i just introduced canned pumpkin, and i too, was wonderinghow much is too much. i have looked around at old posts but am stillnot sure. i have been giving one small teaspoon a day. Is this too much?

Thanks,

Nicole
I've been giving Freddy a tablespoon mid-day daily as a lilsnack ..cuz hes always a hungry lil bugger ....he doesnt seem to beputting on any pounds from it...and theres been a noticable increase inthe amt. of hair in his poops!

what is pumpkin good for? Has any side effects ever been noted? Can i give raw pumpkin instead?

wintermelon wrote:
what is pumpkin good for? Has any side effects ever beennoted? Can i give raw pumpkin instead?
I dont know the mechanics behind it, but it has to be the cannedpumpkin... I believe something to do with the way itsprocessed..........

it is a large source of fiber which helpskeep your bun's GI tract moving nicely :)

I dont know about any side effects except maybe weight gain with excess consumption

thanks as always Freddy's mum, i think we have asimilar work schedule so we are on at the same time, and you alwaysreply so quickly to questions i post.

Thank you!

And to update you on the food switch it is starting to work. It stilltakes Rue a while to get to the plain pellets. but she will leave themfor a day or two to see if i break down. How long is too long to leavepellets? i don't want them to get stale on her.

She is eating lots of hay, and even starting to come around to theoats, i think she thinks that anything is better than the plain pellets!

thanks to this forum and it's members, my bunnies lives are better.they only ate Bonanza and veggies before, and now they eat oats,pumpkin, hay. and this weekend i got them some alfalfa block thingys,and i finally found Craisins. i was always reading about them andthinking what are Craisins?

So thanks all from me, Rue and Kweli,

Nicole

Nicky Snow wrote:
thanks as always Freddy's mum, i think we have a similarwork schedule so we are on at the same time, and you always reply soquickly to questions i post.

Thank you!

And to update you on the food switch it is starting to work. It stilltakes Rue a while to get to the plain pellets. but she will leave themfor a day or two to see if i break down. How long is too long to leavepellets? i don't want them to get stale on her.

She is eating lots of hay, and even starting to come around to theoats, i think she thinks that anything is better than the plain pellets!

thanks to this forum and it's members, my bunnies lives are better.they only ate Bonanza and veggies before, and now they eat oats,pumpkin, hay. and this weekend i got them some alfalfa block thingys,and i finally found Craisins. i was always reading about them andthinking what are Craisins?

So thanks all from me, Rue and Kweli,

Nicole
im on wacky schedules between work n school :p

Im so happy to hear Rue is finally coming around... your persistancereally will pay off!! ... I cant honestly say how long it takes forthem to go stale....maybe while Rue is out playing you can switch outthe old pellets w/o her noticing and then you wouldnt have to worryabout it. Hah...Craisins! not only do I have to hide them from Freddy,but my lil brother LOVES them and knows they are in my room and stealsthem all the time!!

that's funny! Rue can hear when a treat/food baggets opened, and she comes bounding over, if she is in her cage shewill put her paws up and get her mouth ready to get treats though thecage. that is a good idea to switch the pellets when she is out, i'lltry it tomorrow.

my schedule is wacky too. i'm working as a security guard, so lots ofmidnight shifts. i don't really like it, but i am in the process ofbecoming a police officer, and security is good experience.

Nicole

Latest posts

Back