Canadian Thanksgiving?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

missyscove

Christina - Moderator
Reaction score
Three of my roommates and I are thinking of going up to Canada for our fall break. I was hoping to leave Saturday, spend Saturday night in Niagara Falls then Sunday and Monday nights in Toronto and drive back down Tuesday.
Then I noticed that we'll be in Toronto for Canadian Thanksgiving.
Is this like American Thanksgiving where stores and attractions and such will be closed, or will there still be fun stuff to do?
Any must-see sorts of things for us? We're a group of four, 20 year old weird but well behaved college girls. We don't drink (though actually we all have in foreign countries where it was legal), don't really party, etc. Two of us are animal science majors and two are engineers so we love things like zoos, cool museums, etc.
I also love things to photograph.

The Thanksgiving Monday some stores will be closed or have limited holiday hours. Bigger attractions like malls, the zoo etc. will be on holiday hours.

I've never been to Toronto so I can't help with fun things to do there.

I would think museums would be open, because people usually have nothing to do in the morning and afternoons.
If I were you i'd look online to what's in the area you'll be in, then check their websites or email them and ask.

I know here in Ottawa, all stores/malls are closed except the Rideau Centre ( Mall )

My mom said to call the hotel/motel you're staying at and they should be able to let you know more.
:)

Thanksgiving isthe second Monday of October for us Canadians. :Canada small:

There will beTurkey Dinners when you are here. :biggrin2:

I am not familiar with Toronto.
In Edmonton,I will be working and then drop into the shelteron that day.The stores and attractions should be open on a holiday schedule. Traffic might be busier as it will be the last long weekend before the cold andsnow.

Thanks so much, guys. I just stayed on campus my last two fall breaks, but now that I have a car I figured I should go out and see something and managed to talk some of my roommates into the same idea. I went ahead and booked us rooms tonight and I'm definitely excited!

I live in Toronto, and since thanksgiving is a stay at home with your family day most places will be closed. But major attractions (like the zoo) are open year round. Just be careful about eating/bathroom breaks and you should be fine. Nothing will be closed till Monday anyways. Also, I hear that in the states there's no such thing as weekend hours... so if your not used to it, don't be surprised if places close early!

Latest posts

Back