canada based rabbit/small pet shops?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

odyssey~

Reaction score
hello!

i've been wanting to buy Odyssey new things recently, but all the popular shops I can find are located in the USA and with shipping/exchange rates/border imports, it's super expensive! a few stores here do carry decent things, but even just a maze haven is $80, and i'm not willing to pay that much for something she'll shred to bits. binkybunny, 101rabbits small pet select and most etsy shops seem to be out of the question. :(

do y'all know of any shops located in canada/cheap shipping to canada that sells safe, enriching rabbit items?

thanks in advance!

I'm about to start a online shope within the next two months,

Its called "the nom nom bunny"

In a month or two you could try looking it up?!

It has willow toys and plum toys and dried herbs and bunny beds and mini tables and bunny chew logs

(It's not a etsy shop)

Anyway it's not open yet but look for this logo:

Attachments

• IMG-20210719-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20210719-WA0000.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 0
Very difficult to find things in Canada.

Online Canadian bunny retailers I was looking at yesterday:
https://www.hoponline.cahttps://www.chinchilla.ca
HopOnline appears to sell the maze haven and is Alberta based. I've purchased many times previously from FlowerTown Chinchilla without issue.

For the Maze Haven, I bought from Binky Bunny directly. Shipping cost nearly as much as the Maze Haven. It was worth the cost despite how expensive it was. I would do it again.

I had previously hand crafted my own version of the maze haven with many cardboard boxes and glue. It would take days to build. My hands would be sore from cutting and gluing. I knew from experience that they would get destroyed and the pieces (walls/floors) would need to be replaced. At the time, I was graduating and would not have the time to build intricate mazes for my rabbits.

The maze haven was available at (what doesn't exist anymore) Montreal Critters, but was nearly the twice the price of what it cost on Binky Bunny even with the exchange rates.

With the time, cost and various factors in mind, I made a large bulk purchase of two mini maze havens and two regular maze havens from Binky Bunny. This was back in 2012, and it set me back ~$170.

It's 2021 now, and I'm now down to one maze haven. So, I consider it a good purchase. The owners of Binky Bunny were good at communicating with me throughout the process; providing me with estimates and which postal carrier appeared to be the most reasonable. Also, I hate that Oxbow has usurped their Maze Haven design, but the owners are powerless to do anything about it (don't have the financial means to take on a large corporation).

Thought I would share my thinking for the purchase especially if you have multiple bunnies, because it might be worthwhile to purchase from Binky Bunny.

Is 101rabbits available in Canada?
yup....but with shipping+exchange rates it's extremely expensive.

wow thank you so much for all this info!
i found this place Houses, Hides and Tubes
the maze haven is just under $50 and I can order other things to get free shipping. did it cost more than this for one maze haven and shipping from binky bunny do you think?

yup....but with shipping+exchange rates it's extremely expensive.

wow thank you so much for all this info!
i found this place Houses, Hides and Tubes
the maze haven is just under $50 and I can order other things to get free shipping. did it cost more than this for one maze haven and shipping from binky bunny do you think?

For CDN$48, that's probably the best price you'll find if you can get the free shipping. I've never ordered from True Colours. (That's a new one for me, thanks!)

This is copied from my receipt in 2012, and I didn't mention it before (and didn't notice sorry) that it was USD.

MAZE HAVEN (BinkyBunny) MAZE HAVEN (BinkyBunny)​
2 $28.45 $56.90​
MINI HAVEN (BinkyBunny.com) MINI HAVEN (BinkyBunny.com)​
2 $19.95 $39.90​
Subtotal $96.80​
Coupon PAYPAL - $9.68​
Sharing Discount - $3.00​
Sales Tax $0.00​
Shipping $78.30​
Order Total $162.42​

If you also consider the exchange rates, I think you've found good price and hope your bun loves the maze haven as much as ours do.

For CDN$48, that's probably the best price you'll find if you can get the free shipping. I've never ordered from True Colours. (That's a new one for me, thanks!)

This is copied from my receipt in 2012, and I didn't mention it before (and didn't notice sorry) that it was USD.

MAZE HAVEN (BinkyBunny) MAZE HAVEN (BinkyBunny)​
2 $28.45 $56.90​
MINI HAVEN (BinkyBunny.com) MINI HAVEN (BinkyBunny.com)​
2 $19.95 $39.90​
Subtotal $96.80​
Coupon PAYPAL - $9.68​
Sharing Discount - $3.00​
Sales Tax $0.00​
Shipping $78.30​
Order Total $162.42​

If you also consider the exchange rates, I think you've found good price and hope your bun loves the maze haven as much as ours do.
thank you so much! wow, the shipping for yours was so expensive :0
well I'll certainly consider ordering the maze haven from here next time I order hay as well to get the free shipping! tysm!

Latest posts

Back