Can you separate two bonded bunnies without causing depression?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ajohns9449

Reaction score
This fall I will be going to college, as a freshman you have to live in a dorm where they do not allow animals but sophomore year I will get a pet friendly apartment. So for my freshman year, my sister who also has a rabbit, Ollie, will be taking care of my bunny, Twitch. They just recently started to meet and my bunny loves him and my sister. But I am afraid next school year when he stays with my sister and Ollie he will get attached to Ollie and when we separate them my sophomore year the bunnies will get depressed!! ): I want my bunny back as soon as I can and not only that but my sister does not want another bunny permanently, so I was wondering if there is a way to seperste them after my freshman year so they won’t get depressed?

Separation happens sometimes with bonded bunnies... Nala has had a bonded companion pass away twice in her nearly 7 years... most rabbits make the adjustment pretty well, especially if they get extra attention from their human slave to compensate. They may seem a little sad or like they're missing the friend for a month or two, but after that their memory seems to fade. Given your situation, I agree that the best solution for both bunns and humans is to bond the two rabbits so that she can take care of yours.

Latest posts

Back