Can you help me identify what these are?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xchr1stinax

Reaction score
This mark faintly showed up on Nugget's head about 2 weeks ago. Since then, it's become more prominent. When I took her to the vet's a week ago to check how her broken leg is healing, I mentioned the marking, butthe vethad no idea what it was

z200565170.jpg

Any ideas? (Look! I found emoticons that look like Nugget!:nasty::pssd:)

So today, as Nugget was grooming me, I noticed a tuft of fur that wasn't smoothed out properly so I began playing with it and discovered THIS!!!

z200565171.jpg

A pink patch the size of a penny!!! Near my middle finger, there's a little bit of black, and it looks like dry, flaky skin.

For comparison, here's what the rest of her body looks like

b200565177.jpg

(Sorry, not the best picture. She got tired of me poking and prodding her and wouldn't sit still anymore)

Have you guys seen these abnormalities before? :?

My bunnies have the same line on their foreheads. I seen another thread about it before or I would have been worried. A widows peak.

My bunny gets those markings on his head when he is shedding. Sometimes it looks like he has angry eyebrows. Or one time he even molted all the fur down a line in the middle. Look hilarious, but nothing to worry about.

He also gets a line like that that goes around his back. It seems he sheds in stages. First the lower part/sides, then the top of his back. Looks pretty funny when he is shedding a lot.

Pam hit it spot on: the head is from his molt. Timmy gets those too.

The back patches you might want to have checked out. Fiona has always had a small bald patch on her back - I think it's a scar from something before we adopted her, but if it's not something like that it might be mites, as Pam said.

whew* good to hear that the marks on her face are normal. As for the pink patch .. do mites only work in one area at a time? I've examined the rest of Nugget's skin and it seems to be fine. Just that one rashy part.

The longer they are left, the more they spread, so its worth getting him checked out ASAP to avoid the area spreading :)

Scooter has a line just like that on her head. She didn't have it as a baby. It just appeared about 2 years ago and never went away. I've seen other rabbits that only get it when they are molting.

Afraid not, although you could try a soft e-collar. This is made of cloth and goes around the bunny's neck so they can't reach as far back. If you search our site for it you may find something (sorry I'm too busy atm).

Latest posts

Back