Can two males bond?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LetaRayn

Reaction score
Hello guys

I have un neutered male rabbit, he is almost 3 years. And there is another male rabbit I want to rescue and he is also un neutered. My question is can they bonded even both of them are males and not neutered?

Can being them living together is possible? Is there any tips or tricks to make them bonded?

I bonded my first 2 bunnies together that were males not even knowing it was a hard pair to bond. They were both not neutered at the time and never had any issues at all, even while bonding.

I did then get them neutered about a year ago and they then didn’t get along at ALL.
They are now happily bonded again but it’s been a long process compared to bonding them with my 4 female buns, which was much smoother and faster.

just wanted to offer my story of bonding male bunnies, not saying this is for every pair or that you should get a second male.

Please do not put unneutered males together! That is so dangerous! Get both of them neutered if you want to bond them.

I'd definitely wait till they're both neutered. After that, I'd say it depends on them. Mordecai who was the sweetest rabbit in every other circumstance absolutely did not get along with other bucks. If the male was smaller than him, he'd be aggressive, if the male was larger, he'd be terrified even if the other male was being friendly.

Latest posts

Back