Can this grass be fed to rabbits?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sky

Reaction score
I can't find the usual grass that i feed to my 2 yrs old 2 rabbits. Usually i get the little variety of the grass from nearby parks. But now they mowed down all the grass and recent couple weeks have been very sunny so the grass isn't growing either. And my rabbits don't touch hay at all, be it the packaged ones or if I dry the grass myself. They don't even touch the grass if its been dried even a little. So im only left with this option.

The grass in the pic is usually fed to the buffaloes. I got it from the vendor and fed this to my rabbits a little. Both of them are kind of reluctant on eating it but they seem to chomp on the stems instead of the leaves which they're not eating much. This grass has fine little white hair on the surface of leaves and stems.

I wanna know if this type of grass can be fed to rabbits in general.
How nutritious and well balanced it is.
Since they're mostly eating the stems, im a bit worried about how much fiber intake is actually going on.

I don't wanna feed them this but right now im outta options. There's another grass in the park that i can get but im not sure about that one cause its leaves are wide and they grow out like a flower on surface and their tips are blunt and round shaped and the surface is smooth. Im gonna post another thread with pics of that kind of grass when i visit the park tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20201126_223545.jpg
    IMG_20201126_223545.jpg
    189 KB · Views: 5
It looks like it would be fine, but without knowing the variety there's no way to know for sure. Eating stems provides the most fiber, so that's actually a good thing. The leaf has less indigestible fiber and more nutrients. Stems for fiber, leaf for nutrients. If that grass is your only option right now, I would go ahead and feed it.

Latest posts

Back