Can someone tell me what type (coloring) rex I have?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lauren8165

Lauren & Buns
Reaction score
I have tried figuring it out myself and even went to a link someone posted on this site, but there are so many that look similar to him. Does anyone know what color of rex this precious boy is? Or is he a mix? I honestly have no clue, other than he's pretty dang cute! [emoji6] *Photos attached*

20180518_184732-1.jpg20180518_184723-1.jpg

Hahaha. I know! His fur is like velvet! But don't let that sweet face fool you. He's a fiesty little boy, who isnt afraid to put you in your place. Lol

They’re always my favourite, love them with a bit of spice haha, you’re a lucky bunny parent :D

I found a little ball of his hair on the ground today when I was cleaning his room and it top of it looked like how it is in the pic and the root part of it was like a blueish black color. Such a cool color, but it's hard to describe it.

We've had 3 mini Rexes. One was a beautiful Chin male, we had a blue female, And Bambi was the darkest brown I've ever seen--most people thought she was black til I took her to a well lighted space. They were all very sweet and smart. Bambi passed to the bridge last month--she would have been 19 in July.

Wow Nancy what an amazing bunny! Sorry you lost her so recently x

He’s sooooooo handsome!!! I really want Rex rabbits, but already do Flemish giants, but one day I will!!!:D

I found a little ball of his hair on the ground today when I was cleaning his room and it top of it looked like how it is in the pic and the root part of it was like a blueish black color. Such a cool color, but it's hard to describe it.

That sounds right :)
“The body should have a slate blue undercolor next to the skin, followed by a crisp clean intermediate band of bright rich orange. The surface of the coat is to be bright rufus orange interspersed with black. The head, outside of ears, back, hindquarters, side of body, upperside of tail, and outside of feet should match this body color. The intermediate band should be equal in width to the undercolor.The belly should be white with a slate blue undercolor next to the skin. The inside of feet, chin, jowls, nostrils, eye circles, inside of ears, and underside of tail should match the belly color. The inside of ears may be slightly more cream and the belly may have orange lacing on the edges of the belly.
-Eyes: Brown. -Nails: Dark. ”
https://wildriverrabbitry.weebly.com/mini-rex-color-guide.html

Latest posts

Back