Can someone help me identify the colour genes of my lop doe please

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eb21

Reaction score
Hi this is my mini lop Dior which I will be looking to breed at the right time but I’m just wondering if anyone can help me identify my rabbits colour genes so I can pick the perfect partner for her 🥰

Attachments

• 6622F357-2D66-4E9F-B8A9-BDE0B91FBB3C.jpeg
    6622F357-2D66-4E9F-B8A9-BDE0B91FBB3C.jpeg
    158.2 KB · Views: 15
I hope she is I want to breed her and my buck he’s a beautiful buck he’s black otter I wonder what the kits would turn out

You could try to match her colors to one on this chart: Holland Lop Color Chart - Holland Lop Rabbit Colors

IMO she looks most like a Sable Point Marten or a Frosty but she doesn't look exactly like any of them- then again, I have no experience with colors, so don't quote me on that 😂

Last edited:
Most likely a frosty. Again, a pedigree (or even just knowing her dam and sire) can confirm this. She is Vienna marked (that white forehead blaze) and therefore carries the blue eye gene and will pass that down to some of her babies, depending on who she is bred to.

This link is more helpful for color ID: Holland Lop Colors.

Most likely a frosty. Again, a pedigree (or even just knowing her dam and sire) can confirm this. She is Vienna marked (that white forehead blaze) and therefore carries the blue eye gene and will pass that down to some of her babies, depending on who she is bred to.

This link is more helpful for color ID: Holland Lop Colors.

Brilliant you been a big help I have been trying so hard to find out what that marking was called thank you 😊 the breeder just mention the father being broken brown that’s all she told me unfortunately I’d love to know her exact genetics it’s a shame really 😏

Brilliant you been a big help I have been trying so hard to find out what that marking was called thank you 😊 the breeder just mention the father being broken brown that’s all she told me unfortunately I’d love to know her exact genetics it’s a shame really 😏
Could you contact the breeder to see if she has the parents' pedigrees? There are a lot of "broken brown" variations, my guess would be broken chocolate or broken chestnut :)

I’ve just spoke to breeder her mother is chocolate torte split and father is blue butterfly

I’ve just spoke to breeder her mother is chocolate torte split and father is blue butterfly
Could she provide you with a full, 3-generation pedigree?

Chocolate torte split is also known as chocolate tort Vienna marked (which is how your girl got her blue eyes!). A blue butterfly means a broken patterned blue.

@SableSteel may be able to help you further with color ID.

Latest posts

Back