Can rabbits have watermelon rinds?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CrazyChickenGirl

Reaction score
We currently have a bunch of watermelon rinds that I was going to give to the chickens and goats, but I was wondering if they would be okay to give to my bunny? I don’t want to give them to him if they are bad for him. If they are okay how much can I give to him?

I don't know if they're considered ''rabbit-safe'' per se, but my buns have eaten them without problem.
Being a sweet thing, i would take it as a treat for them. Musti used to get quarter watermelon's worth of rinds at once and he had no issues with it, Lümii would only tolerate a few cubic centimeters of that thing at a time.
So i reckon it's safe in moderation.

I don't know if they're considered ''rabbit-safe'' per se, but my buns have eaten them without problem.
Being a sweet thing, i would take it as a treat for them. Musti used to get quarter watermelon's worth of rinds at once and he had no issues with it, Lümii would only tolerate a few cubic centimeters of that thing at a time.
So i reckon it's safe in moderation.
Ok, thanks!!

Latest posts

Back