Can rabbit's have nicker makers horse cookies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

txhollandloplover

Reaction score
I was wondering if I could feed my rabbit 2 nicker makers cookies a day is there anything in there that can hurt her?

As with your other post: treats are intended to be just that, treats, and full horse biscuits are far too large to be given to a rabbit in general, let alone daily. I wouldn't do a commercial treat more than once a week; offering fresh, healthy snacks like fresh greens, grasses, and veggies will be far better for your rabbit.

I was wondering if I could feed my rabbit 2 nicker makers cookies a day is there anything in there that can hurt her?
bunz are strickly herbivores,-grass eaters,--and I,m sorry,,-- what are the ingredients of this cookie.??-- http://www.medirabbit.com this link could help direct you ..--sincerely james waller :imsorry::headflick::D

As with your other post: treats are intended to be just that, treats, and full horse biscuits are far too large to be given to a rabbit in general, let alone daily. I wouldn't do a commercial treat more than once a week; offering fresh, healthy snacks like fresh greens, grasses, and veggies will be far better for your rabbit.

Sorry for putting 2 post I got some coupons in the mail and don't have a horse so was just wondering

Sorry for putting 2 post I got some coupons in the mail and don't have a horse so was just wondering
horses have a unique digestive tract,oddly enough similarities with rabbits--there are treats that herbivores can share,-but only as a treat not a main staple--ie.timothy/orchard grasses,and some quality pellets..some years ago I bought some horse treats made of grasses and apple bits--the bunz werenot as thrilled as me so I did not buy them again..-a herbivore has a unique eco-system for a digestive tract,keeping a balanced system keeps a healthy immune system,,-otherwise opportunistic bacteria brought on by stress,etc.-start a domino effect of medical problems..---sincerely james waller :bunnyheart:duel:bunny17::hearts:anotherbun

I would put the coupon near the house treats so someone with a horse can use it. Or if you see someone with those treats in their basket, you can hand them the treats and watch their face, people love saving money, and you could make sometimes day

I have horses and rabbits, and I definitely wouldn't give a horse cookie to a rabbit. Mostly because horses cookies are ususally held together with something sticky with a high sugar content (think molasses). Little rabbit bodies don't need that much sugar, and they simply can't tolerate it. Also, horse cookies usually have some kind of fruit or carrot. Again, just not a good idea.

All my rabbits eat is timothy hay, rabbit pellets, and greens. People benefit more from giving animals treats than the animals do, so if I were you I would just play it safe and give them things that actually add something to their diet, rather than creating risk.

Latest posts

Back