Can rabbits have cherries?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jcottonl02

Reaction score
I've just been out and bought this massive tub of gorgeous black cherries, and I thought 'I'll give some to the buns' but thought i'd check here first. I don't see why they couldn't have them but I would never give something to them without knowing for definate they could have it.
So can they have them? If I take the stones out, of course.

Well, cherries is not on the HRS safe fruit list, but is on another list in our bunny 101 section. They are very high in sugar, so from that alone, I would feed very, very sparingly. A tiny piece, but that's it.

Personally, I wouldn't feed them because of the sugar content. There are so many other fruits/veggies to choose from that are safe, I'd just stick to those. If you wanted to feed just a tiny piece to see how they react, that would be fine;).

I gave all of mine (except Dahlia of course) a small piece and they both loved it. I only gave them like half a cherry each though.

Thanks- that's a lot of help.
I'll give them a tiny little taste and see if they like it.

:p

Just don't give them the seed (choking hazard), and it's a treat food, so a small piece. My guys love them.

Well they ADORE cherries!
I've only given them a half each- I let Benji eat half first and he tried to eat the rest too lol, and then I gave Pippin the rest and he really liked it too!
And it didn't stain their mouths either lol. I expected them to come out looking like they'd dunked their face in strawberry jam or something.
:D

LolI thought they'd be stained too. Seeing how much they love eat really telsl you how much sugar is in it. :pI'm glad they enjoyed their treat :D

Lol yeah! Benji was desperate for more! That's how he is with grapes. Although Pippin eats daintily he certainly was clamboring for more afterwards too!

Latest posts

Back