Can rabbits eat sweet alyssum?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zuppa

Reaction score
My rabbits can, they had a few with grasses and mint from my backyard yesterday, they ate it with a great appetite and still no consequences but I see some conflicting information on the web. Any experience here?

That's a good question. It is in the Brassicaceae family which includes mustards, the crucifers, and the cabbage family. So it includes things like mustard greens, broccoli, kale, cabbage, turnips, horseradish, brussel sprouts, and garlic mustard (not actual garlic). All of those are safe for rabbits to eat (at least in moderation). That would make me guess that alyssum is probably safe, but I can't say for sure if it is safe.

I'd be curious to know if anyone has tried it or knows more. I'd be hesitant to allow a rabbit to eat any until its safety is verified.

It was an accident, more or less, just mixed in with my mint plantation and almost killed my mint (sounds unbelievable, I know). I am all for safety myself.

Latest posts

Back