Can I use Hello Fresh instulation as bedding?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stinkerbunnies

Reaction score
My parents order these things called Hello Fresh. They come with this insulation that is one hundred percent cotten and plant fiber. Could I use this for litter, or bedding? I don't want my bunnies to be harmed in any way. Have any of you used it? please get back to me as soon as possible.

Not sure what that could be. Best to play it safe if unsure exactly what it is. You don't know what is in it or exactly how it is made/processed/created. Was bleach used? Insecticides? Who knows?

Maybe if you were to contact the company and get a precise listing of what the insulation is made of and contains, and it's all rabbit safe materials with no harmful added chemicals being used. But otherwise there's just no way of knowing what it might contain as it's not specifically made for pet use. So if you were to use it anyways, it would be a risk.

Better to just buy pet safe bedding/litter. If you need a cheap litter, you can get a 40 lb bag of equine wood pellet litter for around $8, at IFA or Cal Ranch. And you can usually get old newspapers free(not the shiny ad papers), though it's not the best at odor control or absorption.

Latest posts

Back