Can I use a rabbit diaper? (bed peeing)

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Euph

Reaction score
Would it be consider it safe and hygienic if a rabbit was to wear a diaper for the duration of the night? Maybe 8 hours or so. She's an intact female, as she is still too young to be spayed (though I'm waiting and, dreaming of the day).

I'm utterly sick of her peeing on my bed and will not put up with it, its very occasional, but usually in the middle of the night, waking up to a cold, smelly patch. It's not very fun or convenient to be changing sheets at 3am, especially when it's all through the duvet. :mad:

I was worried about the build up of poop against her or not getting her cecotropes. But she usually settles down for the night and sleeps for a lot of it, so her litter box is quite empty come morning, only a couple of poops and some pee.

I'm thinking a bedroom cage would maybe just be best but it's a little sad to think of waking up without her cuddled up to me in the mornings. Any tips? Cuz either way, she ain't peeing on my bed anymore.

Not at all, like you said she needs access to her caecotropes, she also needs to be able to groom herself properly (my rabbit grooms constantly!!) You wouldn’t want to risk her chewing and consuming it, or getting tangled up in it, rabbits in particular really rely on good movement of their hind legs. It is also not a great idea to have a damp diaper on her all night, as urine can be irritant to the skin and cause sores and infections.
You will be better off confining her to a cage at night like you mentioned - you can let her out for cuddles in the morning when you wake up and can stop her from peeing. Once she is spayed you might be able to go back to nighttime cuddles! How old is she? Hopefully you don’t have long to wait.

Latest posts

Back