Can i take the cone off my bunny?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Anthony707

Reaction score
Currently laying with my (who I thought was a boy but turned out to be a girl for the last 5 months) bunny blake. She got fixed about 2 weeks ago but they put a cone on her.

Basically theres a cone because she opened her stitches and they had to put staples. I have to go back in a few days to get the staples removed but I dont know if this cone should be on her still. I was fine with it the first week but now it's been bothering me a lot seeing her try to eat her cecotropes and clean her face.

Should I take it off or just stick with it and wait until the appointment in a couple days? They didn't say to do anything with the cone so I assumed it should stay on until next visit but now I'm not sure. USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1588667222019_6663353283983792518.jpeg

A cone on a rabbit? I would take it off, it's healed up already anyway. Just watch her if she goes for the staples. If she does you can still put it back on, but I woild give her a chance to act normally, at least under supervision.
My doe just got some kind of band aid (not exactly the usual stuff) over the cut that fell off after some days, but vets do things different, it seems.

Latest posts

Back