Can I Mist My Bunnies?

Rabbits Online Forum

Help Support Rabbits Online Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ISAC QUIN HOOER

Reaction score
Hey all,

It has been 95+ degrees for days on end and I'm wondering if i should lightly mist my bunnies. it has been going down to 75-80 degrees at night. We house our rabbit s outside and we keep fresh water for them all of the time, and there is plenty of shade. Please let me know what you think. : )

Thank You All!

Misting buns´ ears is a nice way to help them chill a bit, along with cooling (scraps of) ceramic tiles from the sales department. It will have to be done many times a day, especially if bun is more inclined to overheat than most. My current lop buck Storm is big and very hot-blooded compared to my medium mix Iris. When her ears are on the level of ''bit too chilly for me,'' his ears are what we would call ''optimal temperature''

95 degrees is too hot for them. At least thats what I think.
AC is a no go?

Definetly mist their ears, also provide them cool water multiple times a day.

95 degrees is too hot for them. At least thats what I think.
AC is a no go?

Definetly mist their ears, also provide them cool water multiple times a day.
I haven't heard that the outdoors is AC compatible? Probably not...
95 degrees definetly seems like a lot to me, but i've heard that it also depends on the region's humidity levels. Ours is quite humid and 35/95 degrees celsius/faren is like super hot with a bit of moistness making it worse, almost unbearable. Anything above 25/77 degrees is kinda too hot for us, and 20/68 with sun and some wind hits just right.

Would there be no way for @ISAC QUIN HOOER to bring their rabbit/s indoors even for the hottest of times? I took my first bun indoors to 18/65 degrees when the outdoors were raging 29/85 degrees, and for that we ended up adapting our house to fully accommodate Musti as an indoor bun. He did well after some bunny-proofing.

I haven't heard that the outdoors is AC compatible? Probably not...
95 degrees definetly seems like a lot to me, but i've heard that it also depends on the region's humidity levels. Ours is quite humid and 35/95 degrees celsius/faren is like super hot with a bit of moistness making it worse, almost unbearable. Anything above 25/77 degrees is kinda too hot for us, and 20/68 with sun and some wind hits just right.

Would there be no way for @ISAC QUIN HOOER to bring their rabbit/s indoors even for the hottest of times? I took my first bun indoors to 18/65 degrees when the outdoors were raging 29/85 degrees, and for that we ended up adapting our house to fully accommodate Musti as an indoor bun. He did well after some bunny-proofing.
yeah, that would be the ultimate solution. Bringing the Bunny in.
As for AC, i meant if the bunnies have some kind of shed where they reside. Of course if it's 24/7 out in the open then its a no go.

yeah, that would be the ultimate solution. Bringing the Bunny in.
As for AC, i meant if the bunnies have some kind of shed where they reside. Of course if it's 24/7 out in the open then its a no go.
ooh, okay, right! Sheds and stuff are still widely referred to as 'outdoor living', forgot about that one! Definetly AC compatible-ish when it's more of a help/supplemental/supporting/auxiliary? building rather than just a secure hutch with run and pen...

Bringing them inside into air conditioning is obviously the best option, but if that isn't doable, you can absolutely mist them! I would not recommend leaving misters on all day long, but 2-4 times (short duration) during the hottest part of the day will help- as well as providing frozen water bottles for them to lay against ("repurposed" 2 liter soda bottles work well). ❄️

Latest posts

Back